If I’ve learned anything from modern journalism, if you don’t have anything to say, make a list.
So here are my favorite Christmas songs. Note the words “my favorite.” This is not “the best,” which is so subjective as to be meaningless.
I am no evangelist on the matter of music. Like what you like. I’m not here to tell you want to think, nor am I particularly interested in your opinion of what I like.
If it sounds like I’m irritated, I am. I have a headache that’s so irritating all I want to do is scream. I may go out to my car, turn up the radio and do just that.
Anyway, here’s a list of Christmas music I like.
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch” — Aimee Man
2. “Must Be Santa” — Bob Dylan
3. “Last Christmas” — Taylor Swift
4. “Little Drummer Boy” — Bing Crosby and David Bowie
5. “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” — Darlene Love
6. “Angels We Have Heard On High” — Mannheim Steamroller
7. “Christmas/Sarajevo 12/24” — Trans Siberian Orchestra
9. “7 O’Clock News/Silent Night” — Simon and Garfunkel
10. “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” — John Lennon, Yoko Ono, the Harlem Community Choir and the Plastic Ono Band
With love and hope, dpf